The san’tal are a damned people. Contact with San’ra, the dark god, poisoned their bodies long ago. While they are not inherently evil, years of prejudice turn many down a dark path. Few choose to mate, most not wanting to pass along their hardships to a child.
Most san’tal are dark complected, and all grow increasingly dark with each rebirth. This is a somewhat reliable way to gauge the total age of a particular san’tal. Some exhibit horns, or small fangs, or a hardened, callous jaws that form a kind of beak, but all exhibit amber eyes and claws. Their hands have no fingernails; they instead end in a sharp point of dark, hardened flesh.RACIAL TRAITS
- Average Height: 5´ 8˝–6´ 4˝
- Average Weight: 145–190 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 to two ability scores of your choice, and +2 to Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Humane, choice of one other
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Streetwise
- Tongues: You may attempt to understand a spoken language that you don’t know with a Diplomacy check. Failing this check never makes the target unfriendly or hostile. There is no penalty for Intimidating a creature with a language they don’t know.
- Devil’s Luck: You deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 extra damage on a critical hit. Attack roles of 1 deal 1d6/2d6/3d6 (no resist) and daze you until the end of your next turn. Failed Bluff checks grant the target combat advantage against you, failed Diplomacy checks turn the target unfriendly or hostile, and failed Intimidate checks mark the target and give them +2 attack against you until the end of their next turn.
- San’ra Legacy: You are considered a devil and evil for effects, regardless of your alignment. You are immortal; when you die, your corpse explodes 2d6+2 days later, leaving a newborn baby in its bloody wake. You retain little memory of your past life, and you are (basically) just a baby.
- Devil’s Grasp: You can equip and are proficient with the san’tal claw; +2 proficiency, 1d6, 1 handed, offhand, brutal 1, light blade group, and it can be enchanted. You may also make unarmed attacks normally, dealing standard unarmed damage.